OK, here's a proposed release timeline. If some of these points don't
make sense for you, it's safe to ignore them. :)
At the moment, there is one remaining bug in the tracker -- the
current code doesn't work correctly on Cygwin or with static builds
on UNIX. This bug has been around since this summer, and no one has
complained bitterly. So it'll be broken in 2.0. If you want to see
this fixed, please send me an e-mail and we'll work something out.
* Release 2.0.0rc1 snapshot. This does not cover the bug fix for
unspecified chiral centers PR#1324929, but that's a 2-line change
that I just tested.
* Updated CVS "mainline" with the end of the openbabel-new-framework
* I will create a new CVS branch openbabel-2-0-x for the 2.0.x
releases tonight (~10pm US Eastern Standard time).
* Any bug reports between now and next Friday will be "triaged." If
there are critical bugs, I'll change the release date so we can fix
them and test. Minor glitches will be fixed as time allows. E-mail
votes (on this list) will be used to make any decisions one way or
the other. :-)
* The code should be considered "frozen." (It's about -1C outside my
office right now, so that seems fitting.) Only tested bug-fixes,
documentation changes, minor fixes to build scripts/Makefiles should
go in. Again, e-mail votes will work if it's not clear.
* Excepting any critical bugs, I'll package up the 2.0 release ~1pm
EST on 11/25 (i.e., next Friday) and update the website.
All of which is an extremely long-winded way of saying that
everything's in great shape! Thanks to everyone for their help in
getting this together.